Makes 1/2 cup
1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
Small pinch chili flake
1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
1 tablespoon sugar
1 English cucumber
- Place the rice wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, chili flake, salt and sugar in a mason jar.
- Cut English cucumber in half and then remove seeds into mason jar.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Finely dice half English cucumber and reserve in refrigerator.
- Eat other half of cucumber with salt.
- Strain the vinegar with fine mesh and then mix with the minced half of the English cucumber.
- Place in refrigerator covered for 2 hours before serving.
Chef's Tip: Great mixed with olive oil or spritzed over fresh vegetables for a nice snack.