Prime Rib Rub
Makes 1 full Prime Rib
1 12-14 pounds prime rib
1/2 cup Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper large crack
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
WARNING: This recipe takes 8 hours.
- Place prime rib on a sheet pan and rub with Worcestershire sauce until fully coating the meat.
- Mix the salt, pepper, onion, garlic and chili powder together in a separate bowl.
- Rub the prime rib down really well with the spice mix.
- Wrap the prime rib in plastic wrap really tight and refrigerate for 4 hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a cookie drying sheet or a broiler pan on top of a cookie sheet to give a 1/2 inch of space between the sheet and the prime rib.
- Place the rib on the center rack.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn down oven to 325 degrees F.
- Baste the rib every 20 minutes with drippings.
- Cook until 125 degrees in the middle.
- Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice and eat, eat, eat, yum, yum, yum, yum.
Medium Rare: 130-140 degrees
Medium: 140-150 degrees
Medium Well: 150-160 degrees
Well: 160+ degrees