1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups mushrooms, quartered (use button or crimini mushrooms)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup veal demi-glace (find it in stores near soups/sauces; the Metropolitan Market or Whole Foods stock it)
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted and cold
5 sprigs Italian parsley, chopped
- Heat a large fry pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and oil and cook until mushrooms are seared nicely.
- Add the garlic and toast in pan for 30 seconds.
- Add Dijon mustard and toast in the pan for 30 seconds.
- Add red wine and cook until the wine has evaporated by half.
- Add the demi-glace and tomatoes.
- Turn burner off and then add butter and parsley.
- Pour over steak or chicken.