Scallops with Lobster Mushrooms Hash
1 pound 10-20 scallops dry pack
pinch kosher salt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 large sweet onion, diced
1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
3 each purple potatoes, diced
3/4 pound lobster mushrooms, cleaned and diced
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
1 sprig dill, chopped
4 sprigs Italian parsley, chopped
4 sprigs chives, chopped
salt to taste
- Heat large nonstick pan to medium-high heat.
- Season scallops on both sides with salt.
- Place oil and scallops in pan and sear to golden brown on both sides.
- Pull scallops out of pan and place on a plate and keep in a warm place.
- Clean out pan and add onion and butter.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes and lobster mushrooms and cook until mushrooms and potatoes start to brown slightly.
- Deglaze with white wine and cook until liquid is gone.
- Add broth and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and add butter, chopped herbs and season with salt to taste.
- Place hash on the bottom of a large dish and arrange scallops on top.