Broiled Prawn Skewers
Broiled Prawn Skewers Ingredients
1 pound 21/25 Black Tiger prawns
1 pinch salt and pepper
1/4 cup blood orange lacquer
3/4 cup mango salsa
Blood Orange Lacquer Ingredients
4 blood oranges, juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger, fresh chopped
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
Mango Salsa Ingredients
1 mango, chopped
1/4 bunch green onion, chopped
1/4 bunch cilantro chopped
1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoons kosher salt
Broiled Prawn Skewers Directions
- Skewer prawns on bamboo skewers.
- Season prawns on both sides with salt and cracked pepper.
- Turn oven to broil. Spray cookie sheet with pan coating.
- Place skewers on sheet and then place on the top rack.
- Cook until red on one side.
- Flip over and glaze with the blood orange and turn oven off.
- Let sit in oven for 5 minutes.
- Check for doneness and then place on serving dish. Finish with mango Salsa.
Blood Orange Lacquer Directions
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat to medium and then let simmer until mixture starts to bubble nicely.
- Cook the lacquer on simmer until the liquid coats the back of a spoon.
- Let cool in the fridge.
- Chefs Note: If the lacquer gets too thick just add some more orange juice or water to thin down.
Mango Salsa Directions
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then let sit in fridge for 15 minutes for flavors to blend.