Rock Shrimp Linguine with Black Chanterelle Mushrooms,
Roasted Shallot, Harissa Breadcrumbs
For 4 people
Rock Shrimp Linguine Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup black Chanterelle mushrooms (Black Trumpet), cleaned and cut in half
1 pound Rock shrimp
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 roasted shallot, chopped
1/2 a lemon (juice) squeezed
1 pound dry linguine, cooked
1/2 cup Harissa breadcrumbs
1 pinch salt to taste
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Roasted Shallots Ingredients
2 large shallots, peeled
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch salt
Harissa Breadcrumbs Ingredients
2 tablespoon Harissa
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan
Rock Shrimp Linguine Directions
- Bring 3 Gallons of water to a boil then add 1 TB kosher salt.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Heat a large fry pan to medium heat.
- Add olive oil with chanterelle mushrooms and sautÃ© for 4 minutes.
- Add rock shrimp and turn burner to high, sautÃ© for 2 minutes.
- Season rockfish and mushrooms with salt and black pepper and hit with squeeze of lemon.
- Add garlic and Shallot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pull pasta straight out of boiling water and place in sautÃ© pan.
- Add pasta water if pasta looks dry.
- Toss in half of the harissa breadcrumbs and season with salt.
- Finish pasta with butter and place in serving bowl.
- Top with other half of breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
Roasted Shallots Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a big 12-inch by 12-inch piece of foil on a cutting board.
- Place the shallots in the foil and spritz with the olive oil and salt.
- Wrap into a nest and then roast in oven for 20 minutes.
Harissa Breadcrumbs Directions
- Harissa can be found in specialty stores like Whole Foods or Metropolitan Market.
- Add the harissa to a small sautÃ© pan. Cook on low for 8 minutes to dry out harissa slightly.
- Add breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Add harissa and then blend together using a fork until the breadcrumbs become violently red.
- Mix in cheese and set aside.