Lemon and Garlic Shrimp
20 fresh spot prawns
2 cloves of garlic, smashed then chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon minced shallots
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Zest and juice of 1 lemon (mince the zest)
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Soak prawns for 5 minutes in ice water.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining ingredients.
- Drain the prawns and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the prawns in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and let sit until ready to grill (Can be marinated for up to 2 hours.)
- Preheat your grill to medium high.
- Cook the prawns for 3 minutes on either side or until pink and firm to the touch.
- Pull off and eat with cocktail sauce or a nice lemon yogurt.