Northwest Seafood Paella
1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
4 cups dirty rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Manila clams
1/2 pound prawns, 21/25 raw
6 ounce halibut or cod, cubed
6 ounces salmon, cubed
1/2 sweet onion, sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 stalk of celery, sliced
1 and 1/2 cups tomato broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch salt and pepper
2 cups arugula
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch sea salt, course
- Rub a large cast Iron Skillet with the butter all up and down the sides.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pack rice mixture tightly in the cast iron pan and then place in the oven.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and clams Warning: When clams start to open oil may pop so be careful.
- Once clams start to open add the prawns, fish, and veggies.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the veggies are soft-All burners cook differently.
- Add tomato broth and turn down to a simmer and let cook until clams are fully open.
- Pull off burner and swirl in butter and taste for salt.
- Pull cast iron pan out of the oven and make sure the edges of the rice look toasted.
- Arrange seafood on top of rice with prawns and clams at the edge.
- Place the arugula in a tight tuff in the center of the dish.
- Drizzle arugula with olive oil ad finish with sea salt.
Dirty Rice Ingredients
3 and 1/2 cups Calrose rice, cooked
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Coriander, ground
2 teaspoon chili pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch saffron
4 ounces spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
2 chicken thighs, cooked and shredded (we use smoked)
Dirty Rice Directions
- Cook the rice following the directions on the back of the bag.
- Toss with spices and then finish with cooked ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt.
Tomato Broth Ingredients
14 and 1/2 ounces can stewed tomatoes
4 green olives, halved
1 roasted pepper, diced
3 pepperoncini, minced
Tomato Broth Directions
- Mix all this together and set aside.