Coconut Prawns with Thai Chili Sauce
24 each 21-25 count prawns, peeled and deveined
2 ounces all-purpose flour
1 cup tempura batter, made with beer
2 cups coconut flakes (Baker's Tender Fresh)
- Butterfly the prawns so that they lay flat when open.
- Toss with flour until completely coated.
- Add tempura batter and coat with coconut flakes pressing the prawns flat. It's best to let them rest for 2 hours before cooking.
- Heat canola oil to 375 degrees and fry prawns until light golden brown.
Thai Chili Sauce Ingredients
1 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili flakes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 ounces sugar
Thai Chili Sauce Directions
- Combine all ingredients and store in refrigerator.