Saltimbocca Prawns with Olive Oil-Cured Tomatoes
Saltimbocca Prawns Ingredients
2 pounds (or 6-8 each) jumbo prawns, cleaned and butterflied
6 ounces mozzarella, fresh
1 bunch sage
6 ounces sliced pancetta
salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil-cured tomatoes (recipe below)
Saltimbocca Prawns Directions
- Open up prawns and place a leaf of sage on the butterflied section.
- Slice mozzarella into 1-1/2 inch strips and place on top of sage leaves.
- Push the butterflied and stuffed part of the prawn together (make the prawn look like it did before you butterflied it).
- Wrap the prawn in the sliced pancetta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the prawns on either side for 4 minutes or until pancetta chars slightly and prawn cooks through.
- Finish prawns with oil-cured tomatoes.
Oil-Cured Tomatoes Ingredients
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 sprigs thyme, fresh
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
pinch sea salt
Oil-Cured Tomatoes Directions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place ingredients in oven-safe small saucepan.
- Cover saucepan with foil and place in oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve tomatoes atop cooked prawns using a slotted spoon.
NOTE: Strain the oil and use for salad dressings, pasta and cooking fish, chicken or vegetables.