Walla Wall Onion Salsa
Makes 3 cups
3 each Walla Walla onions, sliced 1-inch thick
3 tablespoons olive oil
to taste salt and pepper
1 teaspoon chili flake
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons mustard seed
1/2 cup olive oil
salt to taste
- Heat up your grill to high heat.
- Place sliced onions on sheet pan and then spritz with olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill until onions have a nice color.
- Chill onions.
- Combine vinegar, chili flake and mustard seeds in a large bowl.
- Chop onions and add to vinegar mixture.
- Toss with olive oil and finish with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.