Makes 6 cups
2 bunches radish, cleaned and trimmed
1 cup white distilled vinegar
3 cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons salt, kosher or canning
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
pinch chili flake
5 sprigs thyme
1/2 onion sliced thin
- Place the radishes in ice water and let chill for 1 hour.
- Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, celery seeds. Chili flake, thyme, and onion in a sauce pot and bring to boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes. Remove radishes from ice water and pour liquid over the radishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Every day the pickles will get better and better.
- Only store for 45 days max!