Local Tomato Risotto
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups carnaroli rice or aborio
6 cups chicken broth
1 pound tomatoes, roasted and chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons mascarpone or butter
salt to taste
- Place chicken broth in saucepan and heat to a simmer.
- Heat olive oil to medium heat in a large fry pan or saucepan.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add rice and toast in pan for 2 minutes stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 ladle of chicken broth and reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir rice constantly until liquid has absorbed.
- Add chicken broth 1 ladle at a time until all is gone or the rice is tender to the tooth.
- Add tomatoes and heat up.
- Cook until rice is thick then remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, mascarpone and salt to taste.
- Place in serving dish and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.