Crispy Rice Cakes
Makes 8 Cakes
4 cups sticky rice, cooked and cooled
8 sprigs cilantro, chopped
2 green onions chopped
2 tablespoons Korean chili paste
2 tablespoons water chestnuts, minced
1 cup rice flour
4 egg whites, whipped slightly
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup canola oil (for frying)
- Mix the rice with the cilantro, green onions, chili paste, water chestnuts and eggs.
- Form into 8 balls.
- Roll balls in rice flour, then egg whites, then breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium heat with oil.
- Add cakes and fry until crisp on both sides.
- Place on wire rack or cookie cooling sheet and keep warm in oven until serving.