Makes 1 cup
8 sprigs mint
1 quart water
pinch kosher salt
1 lemon juiced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Remove leaves from stems of mint.
- Add water, salt and lemon juice to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add mint leaves and cook for 10 seconds.
- Remove mint leaves (leaving salt-lemon water in pan) and rinse with cold water. Drain and place on paper towel to dry.
- Add garlic cloves to salt-lemon water and cook for 30 seconds then rinse with cold water, drain and place on paper towel to dry.
- Place mint, garlic, jalapeÃ±o pepper, red wine vinegar and honey in a blender and puree for 30 seconds.
- Add olive oil in a slow drizzle while the blender is running.
- Finish with salt.