1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups carnaroli rice or arborio
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup pesto, prepared
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons mascarpone or butter
salt to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, sweet onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and toast in pan for 2 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and reduce heat to low. Stir rice constantly until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining chicken stock, one cup at a time, stirring after each addition until liquid is absorbed.
- Add pesto and mascarpone or butter and stir in gently.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, butter and salt to taste.
- Scoop onto serving dish and add remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.