Grilled Corn Salad
1 each fresh corn cob
1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons jicama, peeled and diced 1/4 inch
2 tablespoons carrots, peeled and diced 1/4 inch
1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 pinch black ground pepper
- Brush corn with oil and season with some Kosher salt, grill until tender making sure that grill marks are left on corn about 10 minutes).
- Cool corn. Slice down cob for corn kernels; set aside.
- Make dressing mixing lime juice, orange juice, lime zest, ground cumin, salt and pepper and then add oil to emulsify.
- Mix all dry ingredients well and store in refrigerator.
- Add dressing to corn salad just before serving.
To plate: Set mound of mashed potatoes on the center of a plate. Lay asparagus spears on top of mashed potatoes. Lay bourbon basted salmon on top of asparagus and finally "crown" the dish with the corn salad for extra height. Garnish with sliced green onions.