1/2 pound bacon, chopped
1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 and 1/2 pound green beans fresh, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 can Campbell cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar (Tillamook Preferred)
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 cup fried onions
- Cook chopped bacon until crisp then pull out leaving the fat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until soft.
- Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the soup and the milk and cook together.
- In a flat casserole dish place the green bean mixture.
- Top with the cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Cover with foil and cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the casserole gets crunchy.
- Finish the casserole with the crispy bacon and the crispy onions.