1 pound breakfast sausage, ground
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 pounds cooked cornbread cubed
1 tablespoon sage, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
2 eggs, whole
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup honey
- Cook the sausage until crisp.
- Add the onion, pepper and celery. Cook until soft.
- In a separate bowl add the cornbread herbs, and cooked vegetable and sausage mixture.
- Taste for salt before you add the chicken broth.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs with the cream and honey.
- Gently fold in the egg mixture and then place into a casserole dish.
- Cook covered with foil at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on how crisp you wan the stuffing.