Dutch Apple Stuffing
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1/2 pound breakfast sausage links, cut into coins
1 sweet onion, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
1 tablespoon Thyme fresh, chopped
17 ounce bag croutons
1 and 1/2 apples honey crisp, chopped
2 and 1/2 cups chicken stock 1 pinch Kosher salt
1 tablespoon sage, chopped
1/2 cup milk
- Grab yourself a large fry pan.
- Place the bacon in it and turn to medium heat.
- Cook until bacon starts to crisp slightly.
- Add the sausage links and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add the celery and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the breadcrumbs, apple and sage.
- Mix in the sautÃ©ed bacon mixture with the chicken broth.
- Taste for salt.
- Mix the egg and the milk in a separate bowl.
- Mix into the stuffing.
- Place the stuffing in an oven-safe pan and cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit covered for 20 minutes.
- Then take cover off and cook for another 15 minutes to crisp up the top.