1/4 cup canola oil
1 onion sweet, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 bulb fennel, chopped
1/4 tablespoon garlic, minced
17 ounce bag croutons
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon whole fennel seed
2 cup clam juice
16 small oysters, chopped
4 egg whites
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 juice of lemon
1 pinch salt
- Heat a large fry pan to medium heat.
- Add the oil, onion, celery, and fennel.
- Cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add the croutons and herbs.
- Fold in the sautÃ©ed vegetables. Wet down with the clam juice.
- Taste for salt.
- Add oysters.
- Mix the egg whites with the whipping cream and fold into the stuffing mixture.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and then place the stuffing in a casserole dish.
- Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Uncover and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want the stuffing.