Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
2 pounds Yukon potatoes, cut into large chunks
1/2 pound turnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of heavy cream
3 tablespoons roasted garlic
1 pinch salt
Tools for Success
- 1-2 gallon cooking vessel (preferably a pot)
- 1 very strong arm for mashing
- 1 potato masher
- Peel 2 heads of garlic and then toss them lightly in canola oil, salt and pepper.
- Then cover in foil and place in a 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- After they are cool enough to touch, mash with a fork.
Making the Mash
Wanna have fun? Replace the turnip with celery root. Use half Yukon potatoes and half turnips for the recipe. Mix in pesto at the end to make pesto mash.