Dungeness Crab Bisque with Roasted Pepper Creme Fraiche
1 tablespoon butter
1 and 1/2 pound Dungeness crab, broken into small sections
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
1/2 cup tomato, chopped
1 pound garlic, chopped
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup white wine
24 ounces fish stock
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 stalk lemongrass
2 Kaffir lime leaves
1 heavy cream
1 pinch salt and pepper
Directions for Crab Bisque
- In a deep stock pot, heat butter over medium heat and sautÃ© crab sections until they become bright red.
- Remove from pot and reserve. Add onion, celery and carrot and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, garlic and sautÃ© 2 more minutes. Add tomato paste and combine well.
- Add wine and deglaze pan until almost dry.
- Add fish stock, thyme, paprika, cayenne, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the bisque is reducing, crack and remove crab meat from sautÃ©ed crab sections and set aside.
- Add heavy cream and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the bisque and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add crabmeat to the bisque and serve immediately with a dollop of Roasted Pepper crÃ¨me fraÃ®che.
1 Pablano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and puree
1/2 red pepper, roasted, peeled seeded and puree
1 cup crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
Directions for Roasted Pepper CrÃ¨me FraÃ®che
- Mix Pablano pepper purÃ©e and yellow pepper purÃ©e together in small bowl.
- Add crÃ¨me FraÃ®che and mix well.