Chai Smoked Tomato Gazpacho
2 pound heirloom tomato
1/4 cup chai tea leaves
4 ounce Poblano pepper
2 tablespoon fresh garlic
1 slice stale bread
2 ounce extra virgin olive oil
2 ounce sherry vinegar
5 ounce tomato juice
4 fluid ounces ice water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat your grill to a medium high temperature.
- Place the Chai tea leaves into a clean empty soup can with the top smashed shut, allowing the leaves to smolder.
- While the smoke is building up on your grill, quarter the tomatoes, remove the seeds and place on a sheet tray.
- Once the grill has filled with smoke, turn down flame on the middle burners.
- Lift the lid, place the tomatoes (sheet tray and all) on the grill, close the lid and allow to smoke for 15 minutes.
- Combine the smoked tomatoes with the remaining ingredients into your blender and puree until smooth.