Butter-Me-Up Squash Soup
1 onion, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chunked
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup cream
1/4 stick (or tab) of butter
1 dash salt and pepper
1 part sour cream on top
- Heat the onion and the chicken stock in a saucepan on medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the squash, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for 15 minutes on medium-heat or until the squash is cooked.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- If you do not have a hand blender then you can use a regular blender, but set the soup aside for 30 minutes so it will cool down enough to blend without burning yourself.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and finish with a tab of butter to add some richness.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.