Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna with Mango Coulis and Sprout Slaw
1 1/2 pounds ahi tuna
1 tablespoon togarashi spice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup mango coulis (recipe follows)
10 sprigs cilantro
3 each green onions, chopped
1 tin daikon radish sprouts
- Heat a skillet or large sautÃ© pan to medium high heat for 5 minutes or until smoking slightly.
- Mix salt with togarashi spice and season tuna steak liberally all over.
- Put oil in skillet followed immediately with the tuna steak.
- Sear on both sides really hot until they caramelize and a nice crust forms.
- Toss the slaw in 1/4 of the mango coulis.
- Slice tuna very thin and place on platter. Top one side of the sliced tuna with the slaw mix and finish with the mango coulis all over the platter.
Makes 1/2 cup
1 mango ripe, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1/4 cup canola oil
salt to taste
- Place ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.