Seared Ahi Tuna with
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes and Soy-Miso Vinaigrette
Seared Tuna Ingredients
8 each 7 ounce pieces of sashimi grade ahi tuna
2 tablespoon Salty's Seasoning Salt
2 tablespoon canola oil
Seared Tuna Directions
- Dust tuna with Salty's Seasoning Salt.
- Heat oil to smoking point in sautÃ© pan and sear tuna on both sides until rare.
- Remove from heat and slice on the bias.
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
2 pounds peeled and sliced potatoes
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounce butter
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Wasabi powder
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Directions
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Strain and place in mixer.
- Add cream and butter and mix on high until smooth.
- Add wasabi powder and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Soy-Miso Vinaigrette Ingredients
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Miso paste
1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon minced chives
3 cups canola oil
Soy-Miso Vinaigrette Directions
- Combine all ingredients in blender except the canola oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil to blended base until completely emulsified.
- Will hold in the refrigerator for approx. 3 weeks. Is also a great salad dressing.