Blackened Albacore Tuna
with Cucumber â€œNoodles,â€ Apricot Chutney
Blackened Albacore Tuna Ingredients
4 each 4 ounce filets of tuna
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup Saltyâ€™s Signature Blackening Spice
1 cup cucumber noodles
1/2 cup apricot chutney
Blackened Albacore Tuna Directions
- Heat Large Fry Pan to High Heat.
- Coat tuna in Saltyâ€™s Signature Blackening Spice.
- Add oil and then tuna right away.
- Cook for 45 seconds on one side then flip and turn off burner and let sit for 1 minute.
- Take out of pan and slice razor thin.
- Place noodles on a serving dish and then display tuna on the noodles.
- Finish with the apricot chutney on top of the tuna.
Cucumber Noodles Ingredients
2 English cucumbers peeled
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Aji Mirin sweet rice wine
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 pinch chili flakes
1 pinch salt
Cucumber Noodles Directions
- This is a fun presentation and not to tricky.
- You need a mandolin to make these noodles.
- If you do not have one just seed the cucumber and then slice it thin.
- If you have a mandolin put the teeth in it and make sure it is set for a thin spaghetti looking cut.
- Leave the cucumber whole and then run it through the mandolin two times or until you get to the seeds then rotate.
- Toss the Noodles in the remaining ingredients and let sit in fridge for 15 Minutes to infuse with flavor.
Apricot Chutney Ingredients
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1/4 sweet onion, minced
4 apricots, pitted and chopped
1 pinch salt, kosher
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
Apricot Chutney Directions
- Place the vinegar, sugar, pepper, ginger, and onion in a small sauce pan and cook at medium heat.
- Cook until mixture bubbles. The bubbles should consistently be the size of your pinky nail.
- Add apricots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pull off heat and then mix in cilantro and green onion.